How Much Compensation Can I Claim for a Hand Injury in Glasgow?
A hand injury, be it to the wrist or fingers, can severely impede an affected person. It can become difficult to complete standard everyday tasks and work. When we calculate your level of compensation, we factor in all the ways in which the accident has affected you. Call us today on 01414420616 to get an accurate of how much your hand injury claim could be worth.
What are Common Causes of Hand Injury?
A common cause of these injuries is repetitive work place action such as typing. Even slips, trips and falls can damage your hands on impact. More serious injuries can be caused by faulty machinery that lacerates or crushes the fingers.
How are Hand Injury Compensation Claims Calculated?
The figures listed here are taken from the Judicial College Guidelines for the Assessment of General Damages in Personal Injury Cases 13th ed. and are intended for reference only. Many factors influence how much you can claim so contact us today.
Work-Related Upper Limb Condition Damages
Conditions in this bracket include: tenosynovitis, de quervains, stenosing tenosynovitis, carpal tunnel and epicondylitis.
- When there is a continuing disability and loss of employment £16,650 – £17,575
- Continuing but fluctuating and unilateral symptoms £11,300 – £12,425
- Symptoms resolve in 3 years £6,575 – £8,175
- Complete recovery in weeks or months £1,675 – £2,675
Wrist Injury Compensation Awards
- Injury with complete loss of function £36,200 – £45,500
- Significant permanent disability £18,625 – £29,800
- Less severe with persisting pain £9,575 – £18,625
- Complete recovery that takes longer – rarely exceeds £7,800
- Uncomplicated Colles’ fracture – in the region of £5,650
- Very minor necessitating only plaster or bandage £2,675 – £3,600
Hand Injuries Compensation Levels
- Total or effective loss of both hands £107,000 – £153,200. The top of bracket is applicable when no effective prosthesis can be used.
- Serious damage to both hands £42,250 – £64,275. Where there is permanent cosmetic disability with significant loss of function.
- Total or effective loss of one hand £73,100 – £83,325. This applies to hand crushed and later amputated. Top of bracket for dominant hand.
- Amputation of index and middle and/or ring finger £47,050 – £69,000
- Serious hand injury £22,050 – £47,050
- Less serious £11,000 – £22,050
- Moderate £4,100 – £10,100. E.g. crush injuries, soft tissue damage, penetrating wounds and deep lacerations.
- Minor £700 – £3,300
Finger Injury Compensation Awards
- Severe fracture – Up to £27,925
- Total loss of index finger – In the region of £14,250
- Partial loss of index finger £9,250 – £14,250
- Total loss of middle finger – In the region of £11,875
- Serious injury to ring or middle finger £11,300 – £12,425
- Loss of terminal phalanx of ring or middle finger £3,000 – £6,000
- Amputation of little finger £6,575 – £9,300
- Loss of part of little finger £3,000 – £4,450
- Amputation of ring and little finger – In the region of £16,600
- Amputation of terminal phalanges of index and middle fingers – In the region of £19,000
- Fracture of one finger – Up to £3,600
- Loss of thumb £27,000 – £41,675
- Very serious thumb injury £14,900 – £26,600
- Serious thumb injury £9,575 – £12,750
- Moderate thumb £7,350 – £9,575
- Severe dislocation of thumb £3,000 – £5,150
- Minor thumb injury – Up to £3,000
- Trivial thumb injury – Up to £1,675
Vibration White Finger and Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome
Depends on age at onset, number of fingers affected, impairment, frequency and duration of episodes, effect of symptoms on work, social life
- Most serious £24,050 – £29,200
- Serious £12,750 – £24,050
- Moderate £6,575 – £12,750
- Minor £2,275 – £6,575
Contact Our Glasgow Hand, Wrist and Finger Injury Solicitors
If you’ve suffered ahand injury in an accident that wasn’t your fault, our trusted no win, no fee* solicitors can help you claim compensation. Call us on 01414420616. You can also make an online enquiry by completing our claim form.